A good maxim is never out of season.
Proverbs are an area where there has not been much of a development for several decades. “All that glitters is not gold” has been around ever since, well, gold plating was invented.
I’ve come up with a few new ones that are based on personal observation, and I know them to be true.
- ‘Some things that glitter have sharp edges’
I was 6, and I wanted to find out more about the kitchen knife.
- ‘In for a penny, stop there’
Lets just say I made some bad investments.
- ‘ The squeaky wheel gets spit in their food’
This is just a suspicion I have. May be, it was a type of flavourless chutney.
- ‘If it ain’t broke, check again’
You don’t want to get stranded in the middle of the night with a bike that won’t budge.
- ‘Two heads are better than three’
Three of us were working on a pet project. We still haven’t decided what to do.
- ‘If you want something done right, seek professional help’
I tried repairing my first PC on my own.
- ‘As you make your bed, check for bed-bugs’
- ‘Don’t cross the bridge, if it’s too narrow’
There was this bridge across this stream…
- ‘If at first you don’t succeed, stay away from her’
You are too good for her
- ‘If you poke holes on your roof, and it starts raining, it will feel like you are outside’
This NaBloPoMo shit is wearing me thin. I’m withdrawing from the campaign. I can’t and I won’t write every day. I may never blog again. Shit, this was supposed to be fun. Now it’s like I’m in school again. Screw you NaPliGleeBo.
- NaPlo – BloMe